Mental Health Stigma Awareness within the BME community workshop
The aim of Mental Health Awareness workshop is for you to gain a wider understanding of the issues surrounding mental health within BME communities, both your own and others, and so to work more effectively with mental health problems. With 1 in 4 people with mental health issues experiencing stigma and discrimination, it is clear that people themselves need to have a better understanding of the issues, to break down the fears and misunderstandings surrounding mental illness, and which can often prevent young people from seeking appropriate help.
They are suitable for anyone over the age of 14. We deliver these workshops to small groups of students, social workers, youth workers or even as part of raising awareness in your workplace amongst colleagues. The workshops provide an interactive and engaging session so people can walk away starting an open conversation about mental health.
By the end of the 3-hour workshop you will be able to:
- identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- discuss thought provoking stories.
- define mental health and different mental health problems
- relate to people’s experiences
- demonstrate how to support people with mental health problems and improve emotional resilience.
- look after your own mental health
- to know where to go to seek for help if they have a problem.
The subjects and questions raised include:
- what is mental and physical abuse?
- what is mental health?
- mental health problems
- our own emotional wellbeing
The programme will include personal perspectives, interactive exercises (no role play!), as well as time for questions. You are encouraged to ask questions at any time, but to specifically make use of questions during the personal perspectives.
To enquire about this workshop please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also be introducing other workshops specifically covering relationships, lifeskills, women empowerment and crime consequences awareness. For more info regarding an interest in these workshops please email us as we will gladly tailor these to your needs, email us on email@example.com